The older boys have been saving their money for quite some time. Today, Braden found a game at the store that he wanted to buy with his own money. Since Braden was purchasing something, Ryan felt pressured to purchase something, too. I gently explained that he can do as he wishes with his money but if he uses it, then there will be less money to spend on other things he might really want in the future. After some more shopping, Ryan decided he wanted to definitely purchase "something", too.
We ventured back to the toy section and Ryan milled up and down the rows of toys. As a mom, I knew he really didn't "want" or "need" anything but let him make his own decision. Finally, he picked a little matchbox car and matching transport truck. I could tell that he was not really excited about it. Ryan has outgrown that type of toy and the hesitation on his face made me ask him if he was sure if that is how he would like to spend his money. He wanted to proceed.
As we approached the register, he told me that he changed his mind and he was going to buy his toy for Braden. I told him that was very sweet but that he didn't really need to purchase something TODAY just because Braden was purchasing a toy. Ryan assured me that he wanted to buy the toy for Braden b/c he loved him. :-) (Proud mom moment right there!!)
As the boys loaded the car, I explained to Braden that Ryan used his money to buy him a toy. Braden was so excited that he told me, "I am going to use my money to buy Ryan a toy, too! He can have my Spiderman game. I am going to give it to him like he gave something to me!".
Can we get a hallelujah???
Ryan was soooo happy that Braden was going to give him something, too. How sweet is that?
Braden then explained to me on the way home, "Maybe since Ryan gave me his toy, I can be nice to him now and not say his name all the time!"
Well, yes, Braden...that would be nice too!!!
1 comment:
that is seriously so sweet!!!!!
Post a Comment