Monday, March 12, 2012

All Boy

As Devin gets older, I am asked over, over and over again...."Are you gonna go for that girl?"
My answers to this ridiculous question depends largely on my mood, the behavior of my children, and how annoying the stranger has been leading up to that question.  Most of the time, I say something along the lines of, "Nope, I've got my hands full as it is!".  But, truth be told, if I were to have another (which is not happening so don't try to read between the lines here), I would be so thrilled to have another boy! 
The house screams BOY.  From the pile of sticks that greets you in the driveway (Braden's collection from various walks and playgrounds), to the tractors on the front porch, to the tadpole on my kitchen counter (that just can't quite figure out how to become a frog), to the dog I never needed (but now is part of the family), to the baby chicks in my living room....we're like a nature center over here!  And I love it!

I can get "instant replays" on almost anything and everything - from how the tractor went down the slide, to how someone almost caught a ball, to how the chick pecked the other chick...

And balls?  In any given day, I can play tennis, baseball, soccer, football, badmitten, and more!  We are all boy and I love it - Wouldn't change it for the world!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree!!!!!! I know girls are awesome too, but there is just something special about being a momma to a boy! Today I helped collect rocks, throw sticks off a bridge, put a matchbox car down a slide, and stand by a creek for an hour drawing in the mud...i have never been this dirty in my life, or laughed so hard! I think a boy is just what I needed in life...and although I just respond to everyone that I just hope this baby is healthy, I really would love a little brother for Samuel to play with! I love to read your blogs!