I love watching my children - observing them from a far. I watch them every day and right before my eyes they change and transform. It's a beautiful thing.
It has been our routine for quite some time to take Nala for a walk when we arrive home from preschool. Ryan and Braden often leave Devin, Sled Dog, and me in the dust as they run ahead and wait for us at each corner.
I have been noticing a change in the way Ryan runs. He has graduated from the fun-run; he now runs more like, well, a gazelle. It is quite interesting to observe....once he gets past a certain point, his legs and arms glide in smooth motions. When he gets into a certain rhythm, he looks like he could go on forever...gliding through the air like a cross country runner.
Watching him amazes me. I wonder if he will like track in high school. My body has certainly never operated like that! I imagine he gets his athleticism from his father or uncles...but definitely not me. It seems like yesterday he was bouncing along...and now my son looks like a gazelle.
I watch ahead as he reaches his stopping point. Instead of resting, he turns around and runs the opposite direction until I reach him - almost like he instinctively knows to keep his pace and rhythm going.
When we reached the house, I was secretly enjoying my mom-thoughts and observations while I packed up Devin. Was I was the only one who had noticed this change?
Braden asked if he could play outside a little longer while I started dinner. I waited for Ryan to echo the same request...but instead he told me, "I'm gonna stay outside and run more."
I smiled inside. Looks like we have a runner!
No comments:
Post a Comment