Sunday, February 19, 2012

Elmo!

One of the first colors that Devin saw was red.  Since then, he has been very attracted to that color. 

In fact, Elmo (the little furry RED guy) is Devin's favorite character in one of our Sesame Street books.  Devin gets SO excited when we turn to the Elmo page!  And when I try to read the rest of the book, Devin flips back to the Elmo page, smiles, and then hits Elmo repeatedly. 

When I was picking out books for tonight, I found an entire book about Elmo - something about "Elmo's Valentine" or "Elmo Loves You".  Together, we found the hiding Elmo on each page. 

Eventually, we got to a section where it said something like "Elmo loves you.  Can you give Elmo a kiss?".  I asked Devin to kiss Elmo but he kissed me, instead.  <3  So, like a good teacher, I showed Devin how to kiss Elmo.  He laughed when he saw me kiss the book but he caught on quickly as he then kissed the Elmo on every single page. 

He'll hate this story one day but tonight, it was so sweet!!

No comments: