Devin and Braden, in particular, have become much more independent and Ryan is five!
Braden's new motto is "MY can do it MYself" and Devin pretty much swears he is just one of they guys. That baby stuff? (namely naps, pacifiers, baby toys, baby food, etc.) That was sooo last month!
For the longest time, Devin was afraid of grass. I really think it was just because he was born in the winter and we were inside for so long that by the time he really got to experience it, it was scary. Scared of grass was not really an option so we worked on it...and worked on it...and now it doesn't phase him at all. Actually, he likes grass!
Here he is sitting on a blanket but he now sits in grass by himself, too.
Hanging out in the laundry room. Ryan just adores Devin!
Yee-haw!!
Ryan started his last year of preschool in earlier in the month. He is a small class with six other kids that are all around his age. Actually, three of them had birthdays this weekend! The class is a true blessing as the 1:3 student ratio really allows the teachers to work the kids on an individual level. Preschool this year is in the afternoon (noon-3pm) so we have a very early lunch and then head out the door.
The only bummer about this "first day of school" picture is that it doesn't match up with the previous years where he stood in front of the huge maple tree in our yard. Sept. 6, the day I realized that we wouldn't have matching first day of school pictures, was the only day I missed that old thing but at least the rose bush was in bloom!
Sending big brother off to school!!
(My Mom pointed out that even though they are smiling, they are touching each others ears....)
Devin discovered finger food this month. Puffs are a still a struggle but he loves the gerber version of cheetos. I was so happy that he was feeding himself....problem is, now he hates baby food and pushes me away when I try to feed him. He also mastered his sippy cup this month.
A weekend of yard work. The boys helped Papa plant new grass....who wouldn't love playing in dirt?
When we go to the library, I let the kids get whatever they want...and we usually get so many books that I don't even notice what is flying into our bag. One book we recently got was called "Baby Food" and had a bunch of fruit turned animal. (I know there is a name for that but I can't remember....) Anyway, after reading that book Ryan ran downstairs and asked for a banana and turned it into an octopus (just like he saw in the book)...
Then I took the opportunity to show him how this talented mama can turn a cucumber into a shark....
Both boys love practicing t-ball....look at that determined face!
Devin has decided baby toys are boring. Actually, when we give him baby toys, he chucks them across the room and screams. Since he fusses unless he is playing WITH the boys, I came up with a game called "build a tower for Devin"...where the boys take turns building towers so Devin can knock it down. I thought it was the easiest way to get Devin "involved" in a positive way...because we all know that little brothers knock down towers. Well, now the older two think it is GREAT FUN to build a tower for Devin to knock down. My strategy is working...this month....
Who me? I'm the good baby, remember?
Yeah, just kidding! Devin also learned to throw tantrums this month....and yes, I said "learned". This is what happens if he doesn't have a tower to knock down! LOL
Braden also declared that he is going to prepare all of his own drinks. Here he is making his own chocolate milk..and he does a decent job!
Ryan wanted me to take this picture :-) And yes, if you look in Devin's hands, he is holding a spatula. The love for spatulas has been passed down. They all have their own.Devin figured out how to really get his bounce on in his jumperoo. When he was bouncing, he also reached around and grabbed my broom off the hook. He is my helper in training!!
Can you tell preschool has started? This isn't even half of the papers Ryan brought home during the first week!
One morning we took a nature walk and the kids collected all types of goodies (different colored leaves, feathers, cool sticks, acorns, etc.). They wanted to make something with their collections. Next thing I know, I am tracing Braden....
And Devin helped....
And then the boys used their nature findings to give Braden clothes and facial features. Braden had crab apple eyes, an acorn nose, a baby pine cone smile, and dandelion seed hair. For clothes, they wanted to tear up their leaves for the shirt and shorts and then use feathers for his belt. He ended up with pine cone shoes, too. It was a great exercise in teamwork...and it took them all morning....
To make this!
First wagon ride was a hit!!
We've been working with Braden and trying to teach him to pedal. He loves this tv game bike that used to be Ryan's.
Ryan and Braden are signed up for Baseball this fall. Ryan had his first practice on Thursday and Devin just couldn't get enough of this chain fence! He thought he was a monkey.
One night when I was going up to bed, I found Mr. B asleep in the stairwell. He makes me laugh - even when he is sleeping! :-)
Happy Birthday Ryan!!! On Saturday, Ryan turned five!!! My dad has a birthday 3 days before Ryan so on Saturday we met up with my parents to eat dinner at the Japanese steakhouse Ryan loves. We came back to the house where each birthday boy had their own cake. Ryan wanted a homemade ice cream cake and Dad had carrot cake - two of my favorites!!
Ryan loved his new GREEN hot wheels bike. And for his birthday trip, we surprised him with a trip to the movies to see his favorite movie (Lion King) in 3-D. It was a big hit!! He kept reaching out in front of himself trying to touch the birds, lions, etc. that looked like they were among us. He is thrilled to be five and told me many times on Saturday, "I'm finally five today!"
Braden is learning how to use the scooter. The first time he tried, it was a bit hard for him but this last time, he really got the hang of it. He just keeps growing up!! :-)
The funny thing about being two is just by looking at my son, I know so much about what he has done that day. Like in this picture, I can tell he ust went potty (pants on backwards and inside out) AND he just ate breakfast (evident by the spill on his legs). And I can tell he did it all by himslef - because look at that smile! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment