I don't like waiting. I don't like touching the fish. And I don't like the worms. BUT, I have three boys and I love spending time with them so going fishing (their idea of FUN) was on our list of things to do before the summer was out.
I enlisted the help of the best fisherman I knew (my dad) and we headed to the pond. It turned out to be a lot more fun than I originally expected and we all had a great time at a beautiful pond.
Grandpa helped the boys bait their lines....
And we waited.....
Ryan caught the first fish - a huge bass!
I love B's face here - a mix between "cheeeese" and "grossssss"...
Braden also caught a huge catfish...
Devin enjoyed hanging out with Mama and watching his brothers....
Picking out the juiciest worm...
Someone is having fun....
Devin got close enough to see the fish. He REALLY wanted to touch it...maybe next year!
It was a great evening! The boys caught 7 fish total but I counted a lot more smiles than that! And it may have even changed my opinion about fishing - I like all the parts as long as my boys are with me (and someone else unhooks the fish)!
No comments:
Post a Comment