In just nine days, my first baby boy will be five years old! I have always told Ryan that when he turns five, I am going to cry - and it just might happen!!
Ryan is just excited to be hold up an entire hand of fingers when someone asks him how he is, to be the age of many of his friends, and to be one year closer to six (the age I mistakenly told him one day when he was three that he could get a puppy...and he remembered!!!).
I know it sounds cliche, but I am just trying to figure out how time went by so fast. Thankfully, we have tried to live every day to its fullest and we have tried to fit in as much as possible into every week...but, I'm still not ready to have a five year old!!! Sniff....
An Interview with Ryan (Age 4.9878):
*What is your favorite toy? Monster Trucks
*Who is your Best Friend? Jacob (Funny - because he just met him 2 weeks ago when school started but he is a great kid!)
*What do you want to be when you grow up? A police man (Mr. Rules!!)
*What is your favorite thing to do with me? Play games like Guess Who and stuff
*What is your favorite animal? Lion (ah...yes, the lion. Actually, he and Braden are determined that we are a Lion Family. I am the "female" lion, tony is the "Papa" lion, they are the "male" lions and Devin is "only a cub")
*If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would we go? The movie theater
*If we could travel anywhere in the world, where would you like to go? To Africa to take pictures of lions
*What is your favorite dinner? He has three: "toe-food with tomatoes" (really, tofu but he refuses to pronounce it that way), "chicken with rosemary roll-ups", and "crab soup"
*What is your favorite snack? Pomegranates (of course the fruit that is $3 a piece!) and fruit roll-ups
*What is your favorite movie? Lion King (are you sensing a theme here?)
*What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? Baseball
*What is your favorite sport to play? Soccer and Football with Papa
I couldn't be prouder of my little guy! His teachers describe him as a sweet, enjoyable, well-mannered and very smart. Ryan has a fantasitc memory and loves to learn facts about almost everything - from animals, to seasons, to science, etc. He is very project-based and loves working on projects at school, at home, or even projects around the house with us. He is very on-top of EVERYTHING we need to do (light-bulbs, paint, yard work, etc.). He is a logical learner and learns the fastest when he can put a reason, rule or logic behind the concept. Ryan enjoys hiking; swimming; playing soccer, football, and golf; and chasing the girls on the playground!
Happy birthday, love! I can't wait to spend another year watching you grow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment