Ryan enjoyed his third season of soccer. That kid loves to run and I love to watch him run! <3
The Dev-ster in his exersaucer! It took him a couple months to figure out where all the toys were. We practiced everyday and now that little guy goes to town when he sits in there! One Sunday after church, we went to Great Falls with my mom and grandma. Braden (who has had a major obsession with waterfalls for almost a year) didn't know what to think when he actually SAW one!
Right before we took this family shot, I had suggested sitting on a beautiful stone wall. As I was about to position the boys, Tony spotted a copperhead - the first of MANY snake sightings that day! 12 snakes and 4 species later, we made it to the car! I'm all about the country and woods and nature and all that good stuff - but snakes are one part of nature I don't care to enjoy!
Two snakes at once! BLAH! At least these two were not dangerous!
And then there was this little guy! I didn't even know they had lizard-type things in VA! Actually, this is a skink and I know that because we had to go to the library to look this guy up. My boys love identification books. I can tell you much about this skink - like how it is a male, looking for a mate, etc. etc. - but I'm sure most of you don't care. Just beware - they live in VA!
Goof balls!
On the last day of Play-and-Learn, we ventured out to Great Country Farms for a hay ride, a lesson on the strawberry life cycle, animal feeding, and other fun activities.
My snuggle baby loves soft things! Snoozing with Mr. Skippit & his teddy bear rug!
First time eating rice cereal....Braden is a big helper!
Another Spring Farm Tour...and we visited the favorite chicken farm. I think they are up to 1,000 chickens now!
Each of the boys collected 6 eggs.
I found this little baby snapper on my evening bike ride. Braden used the magnifying glass to take a closer look. Of course the reptile identification book was used, as well!
My two little guys! This was taken just two months ago but it seems so far away!!We have playground play dates at least twice a week with various groups of friends. One particular morning, it was very hot and the kids had been playing "tarantula" (a made up game that is played at every playground event) for a long time. This is how I found Braden!! LOL
Preschool graduation...sniff!!!
As long as he has Mr. Skippit, Devin can fall asleep anywhere! hehe
My nephew Jason came to visit in early June. Tony picked him up on his way home from work and we got to spend the entire day with him. On Thursday evening, we went up to the pool.
That night, the boys watched a movie with popcorn and then they slept in a tent/fort thing in Ryan's room.
In the morning, we took Jason to the farm and showed him how to feed the horses carrots. He also collected eggs from the chickens.
Side note - Braden LOVES, LOVES, LOVES animals and especially horses. One day when we were getting in the car, I told him we had to go to the store to get groceries. He asked me, "What day are we going to go to the store and buy me a horse for our house?"
After the farm, we headed over to the playground with some friends and then met up with Tia Diana at the carnival where they rode every kiddie ride in sight! The boys loved having their cousin here!
Strawberry pickin! YUM!
Braden driving the tractor at Grandpa's house.
This was my FAVORITE climbing tree growing up - mainly because it was a branch low enough that I could do flips and pretend that I was somewhat coordinated. I showed Ryan and he knew exactly what to do!
Ryan is a HUGE help in the kitchen. He cut up the many, many pounds of strawberries we picked.
Mini-golfing!
We went camping in mid-June. Devin was the perfect center piece :-)
Devin's first time in the sand. He liked it!!
Real food is real messy! Gram Crackers - yum!
Auntie Em watched the older boys one time when Devin and I went to the hospital. She suggested that they make me and Devin a card. Ryan took that to mean "cards" (as in playing cards) and made me these. There were other various pictures but these are cards of trees, a bumble bee, me and Devin, etc. I LOVE them!
Speaking of drawings, Ryan does love to draw. I found a drawing book at the library for him to get some ideas. One day during quiet time, this is what he came up with. (Tyrannosaurus on the left, followed by the Papa Long neck and baby long neck, followed by a baby and Mama T-Rex)Ryan had such a blast at VBS this year! The kids do so much each day and learn so much during the week. On the Sunday following VBS, there was a VBS program where some of the older kids read various versus they learned, we watched a slide show, etc. During the last two songs, any child could volunteer to sing in front of the audience and dance to the music they learned. I was SOOO proud of Ryan for doing this. Two years ago, when I asked him how his preschool day was, he told me that he "hid behind the bushes and watched the other kids play" and now he LIVES to show off what he learned. To top it off, he was one of the youngest up there in front of a HUGE crowd!
After the VBS program, we enjoyed a church picnic where the boys decorated 4th of July shirts. The next morning, our family was in the parade with our church group.Family shot - getting ready!
We recently set up a project area in Ryan's room so that he can reach all the paper, glue, tape, and craft things that I once kept way up high. During quiet time, he loves to create things. I never know what it will be since I am working during that time.
The following picture might not look like much but it is a sampling of how creative he is - he created this bridge with a road with two pieces of paper. Note that the bridge was the perfect width for his Lego car. The kid has never been a huge fan of toys but he can have fun with the simple things and I love it!
My baby learned to sit up this week!!!!!!! He's turning into a big boy!
Tony took the boys to celebrate Abuela's birthday! The cake looked so yummy! They also went to a local water park and had a blast!
We have become regulars at our pool this summer. The lifeguards all know us...but, as a guy at church mentioned to us on Sunday, "Three under five? Yeah, you can spot that from a mile away!". Add some pool gear in there and I'm sure there is a good reason they don't even bother asking for passes!
One more thing to share - Devin got his prescription glasses on Friday and we started patching on Saturday. He can definitely see better with his glasses - noting that his vision is still not "normal". Devin loves his big brothers and today when Ryan walked up to him, he giggled!!! It was the first time he giggled as a result of sight (versus sound or movement). Devin was sitting in my lap and he grabbed Ryan's head and kissed him. Talk about melt your heart!!!!!!
1 comment:
your summer looks like it has been pretty awesome!!! and i still have memories of when my mom and dad patched me...but thankful they did!
Post a Comment