My husband, on the other hand, was the type that could make a gourmet dinner out of an empty refrigerator....he would get inspired by a bottle of mustard or some left over rice.
I still love my mama's recipes and I love finding new ones online but I find myself experimenting a bit more. Unless it is baking, I rarely stick to the recipe these days.
In an effort to eliminate the squash and tomatoes in our fridge, I came up with a new dinner I thought was good enough to share. When Ryan asked, "But what is it?", he was not satisfied with the age-old answer "Mama's Creation". Maybe I should start giving my creations numbers...?
For those looking for something new:
- Cut into very small pieces - squash, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. Just cut until your fridge drawer is empty or you get tired. (The more veggies, the better. The smaller the pieces, the better chance your kids don't pick them out.)
- Cook the veggies down until they are soft.
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken into bite sized pieces and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- In another pan, cook chicken until done (using some light olive oil).
- When chicken is done, stir in cooked veggies and one jar of Sundried Tomato Alfredo sauce.
- Cook 1/2 a box of Angel Hair noodles.
- Serve chicken over noodles.
This makes a lot but we typically cook for two nights at a time.
1 comment:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm! this does sound good! and kudos for being low-carb...that takes some dedication!
Post a Comment