Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My lunch dates

I'm fortunate enough to share my lunch with three of the of my favorite guys in the world.  As the elementary years seem just around the corner (and I'm not sure how the years have flown by so fast), I cherish each meal that I eat with my boys.

Although they may be crazy, wild, messy, and downright stressful sometimes when everyone seems to "need" something at the same time, I know this isn't going to last forever and I do enjoy the moments we get to enjoy conversation.

I enjoy reading back on some of my past conversations with Ryan when he was younger and now I get to enjoy talk with Braden, too.  Today we talked about lions (a VERY popular topic in our house).

Braden's toy lion sat and watched him eat.  "Mama, my lion is a female lion and she is going to attack her prey! My lion eats zebras and meat."

Me - "Oh, that sounds like a good lion meal."

Braden - "Mama, but how do the lions get from Africa to the zoo?  Who puts them there?"

Me (quickly trying to remember if there is a name for people like that or if the government takes care of all that, or I don't know!) - "I don't remember but I think they are just "Lion Catchers"."

Braden - "But how do the lion catchers get the lions from Africa and PUT them in the zoo?"

Me - "Uhhhh...the lion catchers put the lions on a plane."  (Really?  Is that what happens?  I have no idea.  I guess that makes sense.)

And right when the questions start getting too complicated for their own mom to answer, B quickly reminds me that I am only talking to a two year old!

Braden - "Mama, when my grow up, my gonna be a Papa Lion.  And my gonna eat zebras, buffalo and horses."

Me - "Wow!  That does sound like an interesting life!"

No comments: