Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Future Scientist?

I've posted before about the MANY questions I get during the day.  Of course any parent is bound to receive endless questions during the day....Why?  How?  What?.....

*Most* of the time I try to honestly answer the kids questions as I see that it as an opportunity to teach.  If I don't know the answer, I have them use my phone to call a relative, we go to the library, or watch Youtube together.

Ryan has been asking particularly difficult questions lately and they are completely out of the blue. We will were on a walk and he asked, "Why does a tip of a wave turn white?"  Today at lunch he asked, "Who made God and Jesus?" and "When a lion sharpens its claws on a tree, how does it know WHEN they need to be sharpened?"  He is VERY fascinated with gravity and why things float vs. fall.  The kid LOVES maps and will spend hours searching maps of Leesburg on my iPhone or drawing various maps on his own.

Last week's VBS has a science station where the kids performed science "experiments" each day.  He keeps talking about how everything worked and is looking forward to recreating the experiments for me. 

I think next time we go to the library, I will be looking for a kids experiment book.  Science camp is WAY too expensive to we'll have to bring camp to our kitchen!

No comments: