One of my favorite blog sites lists 10 random things every Tuesday. The writer (my friend from college) has me hooked on her "10 for Tuesday" posts. So, I hope she doesn't mind that today I post 11 random thoughts on a Thursday...just for fun....and because I don't feel like uploading pictures.
1. Today Braden is 18 months old today. As of last week, he only likes to be rocked to sleep about 50% of the time. I try to hold on to whatever "baby" is still left inside of him but most of the time, he just points to his bed and says "Crib, Crib!". Sniff. :-(
2. On the same day that he decided he didn't want to be rocked anymore, he decided he liked to walk to the playground. So there I was...pulling an empty wagon to the playground with Ryan riding his bike and Braden screaming "On mark, Set, Go!" the whole way. No babies to pull in this house!
3. Ryan read his first mini-book and loved it. We borrowed a set of learning books from a friend and he is really excited about them. I'm sure these small reads have some official name beyond "mini-book" but I just don't know what it is!
4. After weeks of exercise and diet, I finally have started to drop the pounds! 12 pounds to date. Only a million more to go!
5. I've been a work at home/stay at home mom for a year and a half today. Love it! It has taken this long to finally know familiar faces around town. I can pretty much guarantee I will know someone at each playground, store, or class/event we attend. It took awhile, but it's nice to finally be able to fit in vs. two years ago when I only seemed to know friends from college, high school, or some old people from work. It was nice today to show up at Ida Lee park and just know someone else we know would be there without having to arrange play dates.
6. The only bummer to number 5 is that I can't go out in my PJ's anymore. Just kidding! That was only in college, right?
7. I've been introducing "quiet time" with Ryan where he works on projects independently. I have lots of ideas for this time but as of right now, he is enjoying puzzles. His 35-piece puzzles were not taking very long so I bought a 48 piece hologram puzzle. Whoa! I couldn't even do that one without help. We just purchased a regular 60 piece set that he can do on his own and takes a bit longer....which gives me time to do things around the house.
8. My sister is coming home from college in Texas in a few weeks. She'll only be here a couple of days before she is off to Arizona with Dad but I'm excited to see her soon!
9. I recently started my own business and got my first client. Yay!!!
10. We are planting our first garden this year and I am waiting for my seeds to sprout! I think I went overboard with the number of plants we have started. Many of them will probably need to move to Lovettsville (mom and dad's) in a few weeks. In the mean time, I trying to decide which part of the yard we should designate to garden.
11. I am trying to resurrect my 20 year old Chia pet. The box said that all you would need was some new seeds. We bought some Thyme and continue to wait for something to happen. I thought it would work since the sheep/ram seems to only made out of clay...but maybe he's just too old. Fingers crossed....but I'm starting to have my doubts!
No comments:
Post a Comment