Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May Activities

So here is the latest picture of the kitchen. I have an oven, microwave and dishwasher. Still waiting on that kitchen sink! Tony fixed the DW up so that I can have somewhere to place the dirty dishes since we are still waiting on countertops.


With all that has been going on in the house, we have been trying to get OUT of the house as much as possible..(we meaning the boys and me). We've had several picnics lately and Ryan is starting to believe that lunch must be eaten outside now.

Today we went to Hamilton playground. It's a pretty popular playground for the folks that grew up in this area so it was neat to see Ryan enjoy it as much as I did growing up. Here he is on the zip wire...he is really into swinging on things lately!

And Braden in the swing. Where else would this guy be? He goes crazy when he sees the swings.

This weekend, Loudoun County had their Spring Farm Tour. We went to two farms on saturday and one on Sunday. Again, when I say "we", I mean the boys and me...just trying to stay out of Tony's way!
One of the farms that we visited was actually the property of the llama farm I worked on in High School. They have since sold the farm and converted it to a chicken farm with over 880 chickens! Ryan gathered half a dozen eggs from the hen house.
And fed the chickens. He was just so natrual in this environment! Pretty neat to watch.

We also visited two Alpaca farms. At first, Ryan was a bit shy but Braden couldn't wait to touch one. As soon as Ryan saw B laugh out loud when he touched the alpaca's nose, Ryan thought alpacas were pretty cool. In the end, Ryan said his favorite part of all the farms was hand feeding the alpacas.
Another day, here is B ready to go to the park!

And the boys in the kitchen before the construction started...This isn't a very good picture...usually Braden is screaming with delight when Ryan takes him on rides. Ryan is always thinking of ways to incorporate Braden into his activities. I guess I interupted their fun here!

Mother's Day mini golfing with my family:

We went to Woody's which has a jungle theme. At first, Ryan thought it was fun but as we went on, he started getting more and more curious. I think in this picture he just heard teh monkeys squealing above his head. Grandpa is helping him swing...Ryan was doing good until we got to about hole number 8/9 or so. There was a rock that squirted water out of it's RED flashing eyes. He LOST it! I have never seen him so scared. He ran to me telling me "I don't like that CRAZY thing over there!!!!". I immediately left with the boys and everyone else finished up the game without us.
After we left the area, Ryan kept talking about how the aligator was going to eat him. After I told him that if an aligator ever tried to eat him that I would hit the aligator on the head, he thought it was funny. Maybe not the best thing to tell him, but it worked and we didn't have nightmares that night!
I golfed my best score wearing Braden. Maybe that is what I was missing all these years of coming in last...I wasn't wearing a baby!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! pictures are wonderful! thank you for sending them! the kids are soooo grown up!, specially Braden, he looks like a different one from the one we met in december!. And it seems that you (Jessica) have lost a lot of weight! lucky you!, please send the receipe to me!. Valerie and I had such fun looking at the pictures. Say hi to everyone from us, love you all, Marcela and Valerie. See you in august :)