Thursday, December 20, 2012

Santa's List

Germs invaded our household last week and we've been busy kicking them right out the door, which means we have been spending lots of time at both the doctor's office and CVS.

On today's daily trip to CVS, the pharmacist at the drive through this afternoon invited us into the store as our perscription was not quite ready.  So, I took the boys into the store and we wandered around until our medicine was ready. 

The first thing that caught their eye was the 4-foot Santa statue that stood in the entry way that was holding a long list of names.  Ryan and Braden quickly scanned the list for their name and were dissapointed to find out that it was not there.

After wasting some more time in the store, we found another Santa in the back.  Ryan studied the statue up and down.....read each name over and over again, looking for some hint of "Ryan", "Braden", or "Devin". 

After awhile, I teasingly made some kind of remark, like "Uh-oh, I guess you guys haven't made it to his list yet!". 

This seemed to concern the boys.  They studied the Santa even more.  Ryan let me know I could buy him for $88.88.  Then more studying.  All of a sudden, they were done studying the Santa and Ryan said, "I think Santa must be holding the naughty list."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, we lived at CVS that week too! The good list must have been with our Santa here in Maryland???