Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Milestones

Summer has been lots of fun and, despite my every wish, the boys just keep growing!  I love seeing them learn new things but it breaks my heart when I see how FAST they are growing up!

Ryan completed a 25-meter lap today at the pool!!  This was a MAJOR accomplishment for him and I am so proud!  He has been able to swim for a while but we have been working on his swimming confidence and endurance this summer.  Ryan's reading is also really taken off and he is reading (hand selected) books from the library.  Woo-hoo!!

Braden has been riding his big boy bike all the way to the pool. The little guys is tuckered out each evening after swimming and bike riding but he is a trooper and sticks it out.  As long as he has his life jacket on, he is all over the pool!

Devin is still in love with Barney...even more so every day!  He now has three Barney's that he totes around. I know some people "hate" that dino, but my kids love him and he is not that bad compared to other things out there!  Dev now sings "I luv oooo" over and over and over.  It is the sweetest thing!!  Devin received his first "chore" assignment today - putting away his own shoes.  He is such a happy worker and  helps everyone else with their's too.  (Braden wants to know when Devin is going to put away the silverware because he doesn't want to do it anymore!  Unfortunately, I think Braden will have to wait a few more months for that one!)

No comments: