Devin trying his first popsicle. He didn't want ANY help eating it.
I now know why many of the albums at my mom's house are filled with sports pictures! This is just our first season with one kid and I already have a million shots. The kids just look so cute in their uniforms and for the past two weeks, they have played on the nice fields - a perfect photo op!!
Playing the Pitcher position, which just happens to be his favorite. Ryan is sporting the "baseball ready" pose that the coaches like.
Action shot of my little guy running toward the ball. Braden is one determined soccer player!Trying to steal the ball away....even if it is from his own teammate ;-)
The boys have participated in the mini-choir at church since January. Last weekend, the group (some of which are pictured below) sang in the church Talent Show on Saturday night. They also sang the following Sunday at both services. This was Braden's first time participating in a performance and he did GREAT! Both boys did better with each show.
I guess I put everyone to sleep!!
My baby finally started walking! He couldn't believe it and neither could we!! This is Devin taking some of his first steps on May 6.
The boys have been playing with the white board we had in the garage. Ryan writes various words...some of which he makes up and some of which are real. Either way, I figure it is good practice!
While Braden rides his little bike around the block, Ryan has been pulling Devin the wagon. Walking hands-free (without a baby or stroller) for the first time in 5 years is a bit strange but lovely at the same time!
My $2 art easel (or "weasel") purchase has entertained Braden for hours! I send him outside in one of Tony's old shirts and some washable paint (just in case it gets on the deck) and he is happy as can be making one of a kind art.
For Mother's Day, we went to visit Tony's mom. Tony grilled a nice lunch and we enjoyed time with the family. As always, the boys loved spending time with their cousin, Jason!
After seeing Braden literally sleep with his VA Snake Identification book the two nights before our trip, and then again on the car ride there, I knew we HAD to find a snake. I kept my eyes open the entire time and found some neat critters. I found 2 frogs, 5 orange headed skinks, 1 blue striped skink, 1 yellow striped skink, a red-headed woodpecker, a snake skin (which came home with us), 5 blue herons.....and....a real, live snake! I thought was going to be all brave when I saw it but the ribbon snake brought back all my old feelings about snakes...yuck! However, the boys were as happy as could be...and that is what counted! We didn't get a picture of the prize snake but these guys didn't mind staying around for a pic!
No comments:
Post a Comment