I'm so very excited that Google now has an option to print my Blog and it looks wonderful!! I ran into this option from a 3rd party vendor awhile back but my pictures were not aligned right so my captions made no sense at all. At the time, I considered the option as a "better than nothing" approach but I am SO glad I waited. Yay Google!
The point of this is - you will probably see more notes from me since I can now turn my blog into a book. I see this as the most efficient way to keep my family diary up to date since my scrapbooking albums are sooo behind. In addition, since my family is so scattered, I know it keeps everyone informed, too!
So...notes from today. Today was a day of progress on many levels.
I have PROOF that Devin sees some things. While his vision is VERY limited, it exists and this is a TRUE blessing. To see an example of what I think his vision is right now, close your right eye (since he has no lens in that eye) and then look ALL the way into your nose with your left eye. Imagine your left eye is shaking. Now take your hand and wave it all around your face and you will see the scope of his vision - a few inches width right in front of his face. I have been able to get him to respond to things in that range. Now that I know this, we have been working on reaching for toys within his vision range (he had already mastered a touch-method I developed with a series of taps on his stomach). He can reach for toys placed at nose level within 4 inches of his face! I am now trying to teach him to reach for things on the side of his body. VERY, VERY exciting news.
He tried food and likes it. Not much a reaction besides wanting MORE. He has been eating his medicine from a spoon since he was 4 weeks old so he has the spoon thing down with no problem!
We still find going outside very challenging since the sunlight hurts him so much. During the day, he has to be completely covered by a blanket. Today I was able to take him out in the evening and put him in the baby pool (per the suggestions of the Early Intervention team). He was fussy until he touched the water and he just LOVED it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment