The house is strangely quiet tonight as Tony took the older boys over to his mom's house so they could play with their cousin during Devin's surgery tomorrow. Devin and I have the house to ourselves tonight and I'm about to turn in early as I have to be awake by 3:45am!
So, just a few quick updates....
1. After a solid week of tantrums, Braden seems to have adjusted to Devin. I really don't think he ever had much of a problem with the baby...it was more of the fact that I was "gone" for three days! Braden is very sweet with the baby and kisses him often. He loves to help put in Devin's pacifier and gets excited when he is awake.
2. Ryan is enrolled in another session of swimming lessons. Since it has been many months since we have gone swimming, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him doing the front stroke in the deep end during the second class. Since then, the teacher has spent some time giving him private lessons after class. She says he has the best stroke/technique and she is excited to work with him. He has come sooo far!
3. Braden has become an avid bird watcher. As with seasons past, the bird feeders have been filled and the boys spend many mornings watching all of our visitors. We own two bird books and to difuse any potential fights, I named one book "Braden's bird book" and one "Ryan's bird book". Braden carries his book everywhere! He goes to bed with it, it comes in the car with us and he carries it all around the house. He asks me to "read" him the book at LEAST 6 times a day and I have often been tempted to hide it. As of yesterday, Braden can identify 21 different species! His favorite visitors have been the "Papa Cardinal" and the "Mama Cardinal". The other day he asked me, "Where is the Braden cardinal?". As soon as I told him it was in the nest, sure enough, a juivenille cardinal showed up for a snack. I guess that is the Braden Cardinal! LOL
4. Devin has officially learned his first "trick". He reaches around his face, yanks his paci out and then screams! Then he repeats. Many times. :-)
5. My friends have been bringing us meals for nearly 2 weeks now. It is sooo nice not to have to worry about that part of the day! We have also enjoyed the new recipes including tonight's Cheesburger Soup! Yum!!
6. Devin grew 1 lb and 6oz in 9 days!! I thought I spotted a double chin on him yesterday! :-)
7. Several months ago Ryan showed interest in reading. He was doing really well but after getting to a certain point, he seemed to not like it any more. I did not want to push things so I backed off for awhile. This week, things have seemed to click on their own and he has a renewed interest in spelling and reading. Tonight was making all types of words with his letter silly-bands and then reading them to me. He also used his alphabet magnets to spell out several of his classmates names like Avery, Mason, Wyatt, etc. I love to see the progress he has made on his own!
No comments:
Post a Comment