Braden with some of the crafts he made at VBS...he was so proud!

We took Tony's cousin, who was visiting from Guatemala, to visit all the monuments in DC. Here the boys are looking at "the pencil".

The next day we took Cindy to the Baltimore inner harbor. We took the day to view the boats, birds, and water. After lunch, we went to the aquarium and saw an awesome dolphin show.

So proud of this action shot!

Feeding the ducks on the harbor...they got the good stuff - Panera bread!

Playing at our cousing Jason's house. They LOVE the ball pit...

On 4th of July, we made homemade icecream and had some friends over. We watched the fireworks from the elementary school across the street. The boys were super-tired but liked the show.

Here we were at Sandy Point beach in MD. We went on one of the hottest days of the year so we did not stay too long but we had fun!

The sand was so hot that we could not take our shoes off. The water felt SOO good that day. I think that Ryan could have floated on his back the entire day.


Hot summer days at home...

I love this picture. One morning we were making chocolate chip cookies. Ryan asked if he could put the cookies on the tray. I showed him the technique and told him I make rows. After the first two cookies, I got distracted with Braden and totally forgot about the cookies. When I came back, Ryan had done exactly what I said - "Make cookies in a row"...
Take a look at how many cookies are here - they would have been a cookie pizza! (I usually do 3 cookies per row....)

In the middle of the month, we went camping in southern VA with some of my college friends. It was a perfect weekend....even when we started it off by seeing a bear!

Marshmellows are always yummy! (and messy!)

The kids had fun at the beach - as usual!

After we were set up at the beach, we literally watched a storm roll over the mountain. We had to pack up the 9 kids and all of their toys and take shelter. Although it took away from our beach time, it was neat to see the storm roll in and then out....

After some icecream, we headed back to the beach. Braden was exhausted!

The lake had a slide....

And all of the kids got along so well.......:-)

Ryan fell in love with Camden's scooter. It was a bit different than the one we have and has asked for one for his birthday...

With all the hot weather, we've been heading to the pool a couple of times per week. It's a great mid-morning activity before nap time.

A trip to Lovettsville to check on our vegtables. Ryan loves to pick the crops and has a new love for vegtables. He even eats fresh tomatoes now - which I don't even like! (Note: Dad's new tractor shed in the background.)

Ryan made a bird house for Abuela's birthday!

Mom and I took the boys to their first movie. Ryan had a great time and was laughing out loud during certain parts. Braden fell asleep half way through and woke up at the end to clap. When Tony got home at the end of the day, he asked him what he did that day. Braden told him, "Popcorn. In the mouth. Eat it!".

Ryan and his best friend, Carley, at the waterpark. (She is the one sitting down next to Ryan.)

Feeding animals at the 4-H fair....

Ryan liked this baby cow...too cute!

They chose to ride this as their own carnival ride and waved to us each time they circled around.

I uploaded these under the wrong entry....this is really August...Ryan on his first plane trip. So happy he got to play with his new monster truck!

And watch his DVDs....
No comments:
Post a Comment