I picked this little
Indian up from school today. I'm a bit biased, but...isn't he cute? He wore his
Indian headband and straw necklace all day today. It took some convincing but I think he finally believes me that this is an "
Indian" hat and not a pilgrim hat. Ryan is holding the turkey we made together last week.

Braden took his first steps this week. He bypassed the whole standing alone and took 14 steps at once. In true Braden style, he laughed the whole time...and continues to giggle
every time he tries to walk alone.

Ryan is our
Wii Golf pro. I don't even want to talk about how he well he does compared to his mother at Golf.....or boxing for that matter!

Last month I registered Tony and my brothers for their first 5K. They all did great! Here is Tony coming close to the finish line.

Here are the three champs - before the race!

I have been hiking with the boys every weekend this month. Last weekend, Tony joined us for a hike at Balls Bluff. By the time we stopped for lunch, Braden was fast asleep.

I must be a comfortable ride!

At a recent craft show, I commented on how I wish I could paint wood crafts. No, I do not have experience in this area...it just looked kind of fun! One evening when I was working upstairs, I came down to this scene:

Tony had gone to Home Depot, bought a piece of plywood and was drawing me a turkey to paint! Ryan and I have spent many nights in November painting our little (OK, big) project. Turkey Solis
received his final coat of
shellac this evening and is drying in our garage. Starting tomorrow morning, he will start greeting people at our front door. We learned a lot in our "impromptu" project...but I think it turned out OK. Most importantly, I discovered there is peace in painting turkeys. :-) Pictures to follow...
Also in the fall spirit, LEAVES. Lots of them! We've been enjoying Tony's new leaf blower but cleaning the yard is still an all hands on deck project...

B loves to color...

Another one of Ryan's homemade fall projects:

Don't worry - his last name is still Solis...he just really likes the letter "M" and occasionally writes it for no apparent reason other than practice!
And here is a collection of October projects he brought home from school:

I now have two helpers in the kitchen:

After a successful doctor visit where Ryan sat quietly for 1.5 hours of adult conversation without interupting, let the doctor poke and prod him and also talked to the doctor (and didn't act shy), we had to celebrate. I asked him what he wanted...and he wanted a cape?! This was the best I could do at Target - Superman PJ's. 3 sizes too big but this Superman could care less. He was in this outfit for 2 days before I could peel it off of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment