Monday, September 28, 2009

Apples

Ryan learned about apples today in preschool. He was very excited that they ate AND painted with apples.
After school, we went to the playground. When I was strapping Braden into the stroller, Ryan "planted" a branch in my flower bed and also burried a berry seed from our holly bush.
When we got back home, he was VERY dissapointed that the stick had not grown it's leaves yet or its flowers so he could pick apples.
I explained that he had to plant an seed - not just a stick. That's when he told me that he DID plant a seed (from the holly bush).
I then had to explain that in order to grow an apple tree, it had to be an apple seed.
He jumped out of the stroller, took the crab apple out that we had found on our walk and burried the crab apple next to the stick.
"There! Now we can go inside and my stick will grow apple leaves and apple flowers that will turn into apples!"
I hope he's not dissapointed!

No comments: