Thursday, March 19, 2009

Come on Spring!

We have been anxiously awaiting Spring and have been enjoying those occasional warmer days.

My grandmother hung a bird feeder outside of our front window and it has entertained Ryan for HOURS on end. He can identify robins, cardinals (male and female), doves, wood peckers and blue jays. He also can identify "nasty birds"...or what the rest of the world calls black birds. He gets very upset when the crows come and feast out of our bird box since they scare the other smaller birds away. As soon as Ryan wakes up, he wants to "get those nasty birds" and runs downstairs to see if there are any in our yard. When he spots a "nasty bird", he bangs on the window and screams at them. Sigh...yes, I tolerate this behavior just because it is really funny and I can enjoy my cup of coffee in peace. Tonight, before he went to bed, he had to say goodnight to the birds.

Braden is such a giggle box. He loves watching his big brother Ryan and often laughs out loud at whatever he is doing..including chasing nasty birds.

Braden also grabs everything in site. The other day, I was holding him with one hand and eating cheese with the other. I turned around and there was my toothless baby chewing on my cheese! Of course with a smile on his face!

The double stroller has been getting a lot of mileage lately on the warmer days. We hope to continue to keep going on our walks!

No comments: