Well, folks...I've done it again! I'm officially "unemployed" after I come back from maternity leave. The Navy contract I was working on was slashed and several people were laid off across several companies. My employer is actively bidding my resume on several other contracts in hopes to keep me on board and of course, I'm crossing my fingers that it will all work out...but then there is the reality...I need to find another job. Problem is - after working for a company that went bankrupt and owed me over $30K (of which I probably will never see), a company where I had to get up at 4am and home at 7pm (and never see my son), a company who hired me and then decided they didn't know what to do with my position (and I was BORED) and now this, I'm just burnt out! I don't want to wear a suite and I don't want to smile.
Spending time with the two most adorable kids every day doesn't help the matter. Unfortunatelly, cute kids don't pay the bills.....
Besides selling breast milk on ebay (which given the Chinese formula sitation might be more profitable than you think ), I'm not really good for anything right now. I think I'll wait this one out until after Thanksgiving! maybe after I eat some turkey, I can write a cover letter or two....better yet, maybe I'll be more creative and find a way to spend more time at home. Besides, its time for being thankful...not for worrying...and thankful I am!
I'm thankful that I have my two healthy boys. I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful for Short Term Disability. I'm thankful that I finally figured how to get everyone dressed and out the door. And I'm thankful that I found someone to take our pet bird! (oh yeah!!)
In the mean time, it's time to cut back. Potty training boot camp starts tomorrow - no job = no diapers for Ryan. We're going to give Braden a break for awhile!! Let the fun begin!! :-)
1 comment:
Jon must have taught him that white socks with sandals thing...:)
Post a Comment