Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cake

There are always certain moments within the week that Ryan breaks my heart. As his vocabulary grows, he most often makes me smile or laugh as we learn more and more about how he sees the world.

Anyone knows that Ryan loves cooking....he helps us cook dinner every night, breakfast on the weekends and all of our weekly desserts (cookies, cakes, etc.). Besides trying to sneak a taste at the batter (and reading associated recipes), he can almost cook cakes by himself. When we are not really cooking, he pretends to cook with my pans and potholders. He uses the area underneath of our couch as the oven.

This morning when I tried to wake him up, I rubbed his back and told him that we had to go eat breakfast, feed Lavar and get ready for the day. He politely ignored me for several minutes...and then rolled over and said "caaaaaake...." and pretended to fall back asleep. Since the night before we had made zuchinni bread, I asked, "Do you want pan (bread in spanish) for breakfast?" and he jumped straight up and started laughing.

I thought it was so cute that this was the first thing he thought about in the morning....

No comments: